NERANG RSL & MEMORIAL CLUB INC.
69 Nerang Street NERANG QLD 4211 Ph (07) 5578 1222
SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING
TUESDAY, 22ND AUGUST 2017
at 10.30am in the Clubhouse.
The Secretary shall convene a Special General Meeting on the requisition in writing signed by not less than one-third of the members presently on the Management Committee or not less than the number of ordinary members of the Association who are signatores to the requisition which equal double the number of the members presently on the Management Committee plus one. Such requisition shall clearly state the reasons why such Special Meeting is being convened and the nature of business to be transacted thereat.
In accordance with Section 20 (ii) of this Association’s Constitution, a Special General Meeting shall be convened, upon receipt of a requisition in writing signed by twenty-five (25) members of the Association in relation to the sale of Advancetown Hotel.
The business to conducted shall be provision of response to:
- Why are we selling an asset that has equity? The Advancetown Hotel. The Management Committee “unanimously agree that the investment as a freehold asset is a viable asset. (NB Principal Executive Officer’s Report) 2016 Annual Report.
- Why has the Advancetown Hotel run at a substantial loss for the past 12 years and not been suitably rectified into a profitable activity?
- Why has Canungra RSL been leased and trading at an unreasonable loss which is growing under Nerang RSL ownership?
- Can the process of tendering for services be explained? i.e. Catering, Beverage, Professional, Trade Servce, Cleaning, Gardening, Outside and Inside Maintenance. Are there any conflicting interests and is it the same process at all locations, including Nerang RSL, Canungra RSL and the Advancetown Hotel.
- Do the Board and Senior Management have the appropriate qualifications and skills to justify the growth of the principal business as stated of a $20,000,000 project over the next 2 years.
By Order of the Committee
Andrew F McInnes
Principal Executive Officer
07th AUGUST 2017